The police have introduced an emergency movement pass system for citizens during the weeklong virus lockdown set to be enforced with stricter rules from Wednesday. Inspector General of Police Benazir Ahmed inaugurated the movement pass website at Rajarbag Police Lines Auditorium on Tuesday. According to the police headquarters, any citizen of the country will be able to acquire the movement pass quite easily by providing some basic information on the website.
The government has enforced a fresh strict lock down for eight days from Wednesday in an effort to stop the spread of the highly contagious novel coronavirus, reports news agency UNB. Under the fresh lock down all government, semi-government, autonomous, private offices and financial institutions will remain closed but the officers and employees will have to stay in their respective work stations.
According to police headquarters, movement pass will be required to go out during lockdown in case of emergency. Some 60, 0000 applicants have registered for the movement pass until Tuesday evening and around 30,000 passes have been issued by 6:30 pm, said sources at the police headquarters. Inspector General of Police Benazir Ahmed inaugurated the movement pass app on Tuesday.
How to take Movement Pass
This pass will be given in 14 categories including medicine, medical, transportation of agricultural products, jobs. Applications can be made by visiting the website (https://movementpass.police.gov.bd/) after the official inauguration. If the application is reasonable, he/she will get the pass. The duration of a pass will be a few hours.
The applicant has to provide information including his phone number, date of birth, National Identity Card (NID) number and photo. They also have to give the information from which area to area they need to move. After giving all the information, an ‘e-Pass’ will issue automatically.
The online pass will contain all the travel information. At the same time, there will be a QR code scanner – which can be scanned by the police personnel on duty at various checkpoints to easily ensure the movement of the authorized person.
How to Apply Movement Pass Police Gov BD?
As we already mentioned that, no one means no one will be allowed to come out without a pass. If you want to get his pass to avoid any problem, you should apply for this. Anyone will be surprised after getting the update news about this system. According to the official news, more than 1.25 lakh applications have been submitted in the first hour of this system launched. At least 15,000 applications were received, as per their calculation.
Learn More Details From Below:
Movement Pass Application App
Movement Pass Police Gov BD
Movement Pass App
মুভমেন্ট পাস আবেদন পুলিশ গভ বিডি
পুলিশের মুভমেন্ট পাস আবেদন ফরম
মুভমেন্ট পাশ App ব্যাবহার করে অবেদন
মুভমেন্ট পাসের আবেদন কিভাবে করতে হবে?
- Visit https://movementpass.police.gov.bd/ and apply for the pass.
- Provide an active mobile number. Applicants will be asked from where they want to travel to what destination. Applicants will be required to upload a photo and then submit the form.
- After the movement pass is issued based on the information provided, applicants will be able to download it from the website.
- Travellers have to show their pass to police officials while moving outside.
- National IDs, driving licences, passports, birth certificates or student identification cards will be accepted as proof of identity.
- The pass will be required to travel outside Dhaka while multiple passes will not be issued on a single phone number.
- A pass has to be acquired for every time a person wishes to travel, meaning a pass will be valid for use only once, while separate cards have to be issued for travelling out and in.
- IGP Benazir mentioned that journalists will not require any pass for movement.